I empathise with inventors and start-ups who walk through my office door. Having launched several startups myself, I know what it’s like to bootstrap on the smell of an oil rag, taking a brilliant idea through to execution and commercial success. Time is poor, budgets are stretched and the last thing you want to do is waste your precious time and budget ineffectively protecting your IP.
This is where I step in, in becoming part of your commercialisation A-team: giving you the peace of mind that when you’re ready to launch, you’ve got a patent attorney in your corner who’s got the experience to get the outcomes you need.
I bring to the table my experiences, my rules-of-thumbs and insights from my having protected IP rights for over 1000 Australian clients not dissimilar to yourself.
I founded Patentec to offers services that I know work, and in my way: individualised, sensibly capped-fee and expert patent attorney services.
So, get in touch, I’d love to get on your team and experience in the thrill of making your idea tangible. We’re in the sydney CBD on York street so pop on in or give me a ring, I’d love to turn your story into another of our successes.
- Bachelor of Science (BSc), Electrical Engineering, First Class Honours
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B)
- Master’s Degree in Intellectual Property (MIP)
- The Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia
- Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand
- Registered Australian Patent Attorney
- Registered New Zealand Patent Attorney
- Registered Australian Trade Marks Attorney
- Registered Professional Engineer
- Patent Attorney at Spruson&Ferguson Patent Attorneys
- Director and Firm Manager of Baxter IP Patent Attorneys
While working across a broad range of technology areas, Nicholas is particularly adept in protecting software related inventions having himself worked as a software engineer and having previously patent protected software related inventions for companies including tech giants such as Google, Nokia Corporation and IBM.
Nicholas is a thought leader in patenting of software related inventions including in having lectured at peer-attended LegalWise seminars and having been quoted in IP journals such as the Intellectual property Society of Australia and New Zealand Intellectual Property Forum on his thoughts on protecting software related inventions in Australia.